Cloud Technology Solutions (CTS) is a Google Cloud Premier Partner and leading reseller of G Suite Business solutions. Recognised as one of the 100 fastest-growing private tech companies over the past three years, CTS strives to deliver excellent service quality to sustain this growth.
Having already implemented JIRA Software and JIRA Service Desk, CTS asked us to review the health of their current solution. We subsequently recommended and delivered key changes to optimise service delivery to its growing customer base.
The main goal for CTS was to improve service delivery for their customers by making it more efficient. We faced numerous challenges:
- setting up and configuring multiple JIRA projects for geographically distributed teams;
- improving efficiencies by reducing time spent on manual tasks and redirect agent time to customer service;
- designing and implementing multiple automation scripts that would run efficiently within the Atlassian Cloud environment, without compromising performance;
- keeping configuration as simple and consistent as possible to minimize future overhead.
We delivered an extensive application health check for CTS as part our initial engagement. The result of this exercise was a comprehensive report including a set of recommended configuration changes based on industry standards and best practices.
These recommendations led to the first phase of system configuration, in which we:
- carried out extensive scheme rework across existing projects (issue types, screens and fields, workflows, permissions);
- designed and delivered three new service desks and four new software projects to meet the needs of project teams;
- designed and delivered multiple project and service delivery workflows with multiple conditions, validators, post functions, and custom screens;
- set up and configured multiple new issue types, screens, and custom fields.
As part of additional phases of work, we continued to improve efficiencies by automating several manual processes using JIRA Service Desk automation and event-driven scripting using the ScriptRunner add-on. This included the automatic spawning of development tickets from an operations service desk.
We also used ScriptRunner to deliver a complex scripting solution that recorded the total time that a ticket spent in each workflow status. For service desk projects, the solution had to take account of and factor SLAs and calendars in its calculations.
Further phases of work spanned reporting and time tracking capabilities. We helped CTS to:
- implement advanced reporting using eazyBi to enable CTS to better understand their service traffic;
- configure Tempo timesheets to enable account-level tracking and reporting across multiple projects and teams.
We continue to provide ongoing support and insights to CTS and look forward to helping them deliver ongoing stellar growth!
Client: Cloud Technology Solutions
Technologies: JIRA Software, JIRA Service Desk, ScriptRunner, Tempo, eazyBI
7 JIRA projects
2 new service desks and 5 new software projects were setup.
2 bespoke workflows
we set up 2 cross-project workflows to handle service management and development.
15+ automation rules
over 15 automation rules were set up across multiple service desks to save the service team time.
multiple SLA metrics were created to prevent SLA breaches and to chase customer responses.
40+ custom fields
over 40 custom fields were implemented across multiple issue and request types.
5 Groovy scripts
almost 1000 lines of code were written in delivering 5 bespoke ScriptRunner Groovy scripts.
"As a strategic partner for Cloud Technology Solutions, New Verve Consulting provide a first class service based on the Atlassian Jira platform. They are a helpful, friendly, responsive and professional bunch with an impeccable eye for detail. Their Engineers go the extra mile to help satisfy even the most daunting requests to provide a quality service the Queen Mother would be proud of "- David Brylka,
Head of CSS, G Suite Support & Training
"Nigel and the Team were friendly and knowledgeable, just what we wanted. The Team quickly understood what we were trying to achieve and matched this with technical ideas and solutions. They implemented efficiently and with good communication, I look forward to working with them more to improve how we work."- James Smith, Head of Architecture & Innovation